Genesis Program for Women
The Genesis Program is a long-term (6 months to 1 year) residential treatment facility for women and their dependent children.
The goal of the program is to provide a drug and alcohol-free environment for recovering women, women with children,
and pregnant women while they build the life skills necessary to afford them to reintegrate back into the community.
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Psychiatric Services
- Group Therapy
- Individual and Group Parenting
- Targeted Case Management
- Adult Life Skills
- Alcohol and Drug Screening
- Community Resources
- Outreach and Community Eduation
- Community and Statewide Outreach
- Post Discharge Follow-up
- Outpatient/Inpatient Referrals
- Community Events
Funding comes from a variety of sources:
- Medicaid is used to pay for medically necessary services.
- The Federal Block Grant.
- The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
Do you feel that the Genesis Program for Women may be right for you or a loved one?
- Click here for a printable application*.
- Once completed, mail or fax* to:
The Genesis Program
c/o Outreach Worker
2121 7th Street
Parkersburg, WV 26101
*Please do not scan and email a completed application. Privacy cannot be guaranteed when using email.
- For more information contact the Genesis Outreach Worker at (304) 991-4781
- Or send an e-mail to The Genesis Program